This month Ulster Weavers are celebrating their 3rd year of trading on the internet. It has been a busy but great 3 years, and here’s too many more! This Monday 5th March we will be launching a half price sale to celebrate our birthday, so keep an eye out for lots of aprons, tea towels and bags etc. at www.ulsterweavers.com/sale. Miss it, miss out!!!
2012 Is proving to be the year for celebrations. The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee was 5th January 2012, although officially being celebrated on the first weekend of June (2-5th June). Check out our official Jubilee Traditional and Contemporary range of tea towels, bags, double oven gloves, bone china mugs and aprons. Will you be celebrating in style with a street party with all your neighbours? Or how about a summer garden party/BBQ party? Our Jubilee apron and tea towel range would be perfect to brighten up the table and keep you free from any spillages from the BBQ. Ulster Weavers bunting will be perfect to decorate your outdoor gazebos during your BBQ’S or picnics.
Then later on in the summer between 27th July – 12th August the UK will be hosting the 2012 Olympics and 29th August – 9th September we will be hosting the Paralympics in London. Go online to Ulster Weavers and see our full range of official Olympic and Paralympics goodies. If you were lucky enough to win or buy tickets for some of the games why not turn up in style with a cotton bag from one of our many Olympic ranges.
Why not try this yummy cupcake recipe to help celebrate our 3rd Birthday, and have it perfected in time for you Jubilee party:
- 100g butter , at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- a few drops vanilla essence
- 200g white chocolate , melted
- 200g dark chocolate , melted
- silver balls , to decorate
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Cream the butter and sugar together, then beat in the eggs and flour. Divide the mix into 2 and add the cocoa to one half and the vanilla to the other. Add a drop of milk to the chocolate mix if it is too stiff.
- Spoon into mini muffin tins lined with paper cases, making some chocolate and some vanilla. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Dip the vanilla cakes in dark chocolate and the chocolate ones in white chocolate. Decorate with buttons or sprinkles.