Easter is on its way. It’s the time of year for indulging in our favourite chocolate eggs, hot cross buns and steaming cups of tea, and maybe even making an egg hunt for the kids. It is also the time of year that tells us winter is over… and that is reason enough to celebrate!
There are so many different activities you can do over Easter. Egg painting for one, keeps the kids happy and away from chocolate for a short time! Once the eggs have dried you can keep them cosy and warm with our gorgeous egg cosies. We have shaped egg cosies in different animal designs – Bunnies, Chicks and Owls to name but a few and they all come in very handy packs of 4.
After an exciting morning of egg decorating and Easter egg hunting you may be ready for a steaming cup of tea and some relaxation time. So have our tea cosies at the ready to keep your tea pots toastie warm.
With the onset of spring and the thought of the dreaded spring clean looming, why not jazz it up with our funky, shaped aprons to make you feel that little bit more glamorous as you clean. Our gorgeous floral PVC aprons will help keep you clean and dry. If you’re doing a massive spring clean you might be thinking of re-decorating or updating your style – why not share your tips with us…? We’d love to hear about any great home improvement ideas you may have.
As it’s almost Easter we thought we’d share a classic, favourite recipe with you that kids will love.
Easter Chocolate Krispie Chick Recipe
For egg: 175g Milk Chocolate (add a little extra for decorating)
50g Rice Krispies
2x50g Mini egg bags
2x White Chocolate Buttons
250g White chocolate (melted)
- Break chocolate into pieces; melt in bowl over pan of boiling water. Stir until smooth and take off heat. Stir into the Rice Krispies.
- Put ½ mix into each egg mould, the put in fridge for no more than 5 minutes.
- Carefully take the rice krispie mix out of the moulds and stick together with melted chocolate. Leave to set.
- For the eyes of your Krispie Chick, paint chocolate circles onto the white chocolate buttons and stick onto egg with melted chocolate.
- Spoon melted white chocolate into a pipping bag and decorate wings and a beak onto the chick.
- For the chicks feet roll marzipan onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and cut out feet, big enough for the egg to sit on. Place the chick on top of feet.